The Nala Project is a community development initiative founded for the purpose of bringing together people on a monthly basis, all year round, to interact through shopping, dining and entertainment all in one space.
There is a dire need for family friendly events that also foster business relations with small vendors and suppliers in the food and craft industries; and provide a platform for the public to access locally produced goods and fresh produce. The event will also provide a stage for performers to share their craft in an open-mic setting to introduce their work to a diverse audience and provide entertainment to the public.
The project seeks to:
- Showcase a full range of local foods and crafts,
- Expand the local food economy and creative entrepreneurial activity,
- Improve food security, including the protection of local farmland,
- Serve as an important meeting place between producers and consumers,
- Educate the public about urban agriculture, health/nutrition, and innovative local cuisine,
- Enhance the walkable urban design and liveability of the downtown core
- Rejuvenate the park and the history connected to it
- Provide a stage for local and international artists
- Create a vibrant, cultural experience for residents and visitors alike.
- Provide a space where small entrepreneurs can network and learn more on how to improve their businesses
- Promote tourism by creating a unique social market where tourists can access local products with high value end;
Visited 178 times, 1 Visits today