200 + Employees
Standard Bank Lesotho
Overall responsibility for frontline service. Ensure that Telling and Enquiries Counters areas fully/adequately staffed at all times to maintain excellent Customer Service. Attend to customer queries, hand up chequebooks, deposit books, ATM, and collect statements and mail to customers. Identify customer needs and, where necessary, refer to the correct department or migrate to more appropriate channels. Sell/gross sell bank products to potential customers. Understand and manage the risks associated with handing up and control of chequebooks, ATM cards and customer statements. Understand and manage all risks associated with capturing/processing of customer vouchers at POD. Understands and manage all risk associated with handling and processing customer deposits as well as withdrawals. Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Ensure that sufficient staff are always in place to meet the fluctuating demands of customers by correctly interpreting and actioning the data provided by the Capacity Management System (CAPMAN).
- Ensure that all required controls are in place and that teller transactions and handling of cash are performed in accordance with laid-down instructions.
- Ensure that all required preventative measures to thwart the fraudulent cashing of cheques and other instruments as well as the acceptance of fraudulent deposits are rigidly applied.
- Ensure that laid-down instructions are strictly observed with regard to the handing up of cheque books, MasterCard and ATM cards, statements for collection etc, as well as the issuing of balances and provisional statements.
- Ensure compliance with agreed levels of authority for own area, all applicable laws and regulations as well as Group policies and procedures.
- Conduct a needs analysis to identify customer needs effectively when opening new accounts or giving product advice, in line with Financial Advisory and Intermediary Service Act licence categories.
- Complete disclosure to the customers in terms of accreditation, service fees, and commission.
- Good relationships are required with branch management and staff.
- Liaise with Retail Credit Centre, Business Banking and Corporate Centres in terms of transactions requiring Remote Authorisation, when required.
- Ensure proper record keeping in terms of Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act as well as the Financial Intelligence Centre Act requirements.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, IS, IT or related field
- Institute of Bankers or related qualification would be an advantage.
- 4 – 5 Years branch banking experience, with exposure to telling and customer service.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the bank’s laid-down policies and procedures relating to telling and customer service.
- Knowledge of the New Delivery System (NDS) as it relates to own department.
- Knowledge of the Code of Banking Practice.
- Knowledge of Managing Local Market sales principles.
- Understanding of service and sales initiatives.
- Attendance of the relevant SBSA training courses, e.g product knowledge, sales skills.
- Knowledge of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act.
- Qualifications and experience as determined by the “Fit and Proper Requirements” of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act.
- Strong sales background